Meadowdale International Raceway
A former race course in Carpentersville, Illinois. Opened in 1958.
It was a 3.27 mile asphalt-paved road course, capable of being shortened to 2.25 miles by a cutoff between the front stretch and Len's Hairpin. 32' wide, with uphill and downhill sections and a 4000' straight.
The track included all types of turns, including a 180-degree turn called the Monza Wall, just before the start/finish line. Other section names include:
The track was bordered by Illinois Route 31 to the east, Sleepy Hollow Road to the west, and Huntley Road to the south.
After the track was closed, it was converted into a Kane County/Dundee Township park called Raceway Woods. In 2009 the park/track was host to Meadowdale, Motorsports & Memories, a classic car show.
Meadowdale, Motorsports & Memories
|50th Anniversary Illinois License Plate|
Photo ©2008 Bill Crittenden
Fatboyz Cafe Cruise Night: August 2, 2008
East Dundee, Illinois
View photo of Meadowdale International Raceway 50th Anniversary Illinois License Plate - 3,905KB
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|