Five SUVs for Him and Her
October 4, 2012
Are you currently trying to find a SUV or Sports Utility Vehicle that can fit your entire family? Buying a new car can be a difficult decision, especially if you are trying to find one that appeals to both the male and female aesthetic. Sports Utility Vehicles are great for families since they can provide you with adequate storage and personal space for more than four people and it can normally be customized to include DVD players and other convenient electronics. This article reveals the top five SUVS that are favorites for both male and female buyers.
1. Ford Territory: This 2004 vehicle is made by Ford Australia and is a popular car between male and female car buyers. It won the Wheels Car of the Year award the same year that it debuted and received rave reviews from the automotive industry and the public. You have the option of adding a hill descent control system to the car’s all wheel drive and an anti-lock braking system for when the car is going downhill. Do you have a very large family? You can rearrange the seat rows so that seven people can be seated instead of five.
2. Toyota RAV4: With 28 miles per gallon, your family will get far in this stylish crossover SUV. It was created in 1994 by Toyota to appeal to families that wanted the benefits of a SUV with the fuel economy of a smaller car. The car is in its third generation and the manufacturers have found many ways to improve it over the years. If your family is interested in helping the environment, the RAV4 EV version comes with a battery pack and electrical parts that allow it to reach 76 miles per gallon without using gas.
3. Subaru Outback Wagon: This SUV is a little lower to the ground than the other cars on this list, so it might be a perfect fit for a family with very small children that would need help stepping up into a bigger vehicle. The Subaru Outback drives great on rough terrain due to its all-wheel-drive technology. Made by the Japanese manufacturer Fuji Heavy Industries ever since 1994, this SUV is another family favorite.
4. Kia Sportage: The Kia Sportage is on the lower end of the price scale and offers 31 miles per gallon. The manufacturers frequently tweaking this car since 1993 to increase its power while keeping the price very competitive. The third generation of vehicles got the Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, meaning that it is highly durable and successfully passed the rollover crash test.
5. Jeep Patriot: This car is very similar in look and feel to the Jeep Compass, but has a less tougher image. A compact crossover SUV, it first sprang up in the marketplace in 2007. It is well known for being the least expensive SUV in North America. It has front wheel drive and is perfect for off roading with its four-cylinder 2.0 L gasoline I4 engine and off-road Brake Lock Differential. The Jeep Patriot EV version is an extended-range electric vehicle. It can travel up to 400 miles with one tank of gas and around 40 miles just on battery power. Both men and women on a budget can definitely appreciate this SUV.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|