Saab Chief Apologies to Unpaid Workers
|Topics: Saab, Victor Muller
VOA Breaking News
August 31, 2011 at 8:35 pm
The head of Sweden's ailing car maker, Saab, is offering his “sincere apologies” to workers who have not been paid for a month.
Victor Muller said Wednesday the second quarter of the year has been “unbelievably tough” for Saab, with a $220 million loss and the threat of bankruptcy.
Muller said Saab management is working as hard as possible to seek new funding and restart idled assembly lines.
The Dutch-based company, Swedish Automobile, bought Saab from General Motors last year, but has struggled to keep the iconic brand healthy.
Saab was forced to shut down its main plant earlier this year. Many of its parts suppliers have stopped deliveries, complaining of unpaid bills.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|