Creating Your Rally Car
4 August 2012
What is a rally car? It is a type of car that has been created to go with the requirements imposed by the FIA, which is an association that lay down rules for the World Rally Championship, or more popularly called, The WRC.
Prior to it being called the ' rally car ', it needs to comply to the specifications that are presented. Such as:
• The production run cannot be lower than 2500 units.
• An engine should be not greater than 2.0 litres.
• A four-wheel drive and an organized gearbox, with aerodynamic parts and machines.
These are just some examples. There are a lot of other things you need to consider if you want to transform your car to a ' rally car '.
The way to do this is to follow these steps:
1. In case you don't have a car yet and is just about to purchase one, choose a car that is known for performing smooth sharp curve, like a Ford Focus or a Honda Civic. If you already have a car, and it is not a Honda Civic nor a Ford Focus, you may lower its suspension system.
This way, it defies gravity and will be able to make it easier for you to make those sharp curves.
2. Make sure to buy your car a new set of high performance tires. These high performance tires will make it easier for you to overcome the challenging road conditions during a rally. Choose the tires that don't wear out easily. If you are very competitive and you want to win, there's no other option for you butto get the best quality tires that are sticky and would be able to make you steer smoothly.
3. Since you need to protect yourself and your car, all you have to do is install a roll cage. The roll cage will make speeding and sharp curves easy for you to do.
4. Just like in the movies, if you are looking forward to win, you can install the following; latest computer controlled fuel systems, or performance exhaust. Improving your engine makes your chances of winning easier to achieve.
After all that has been installed and added to your car, It is necessary and important to test drive it so you can be familiar with the features and other functions that you added. Now , having the best car doesn't necessarily guarantee winning.
Sometimes, it also depends on who drives it. Of course, having confidence and the courage to win is a great combination for this rally car.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|